Home » Life » Health » WENCHI HOSPITAL: LANDSHUT HOSTEL
<div id="adsbrook_ad"> <script type="text/javascript"> siteid = "53913b8be4b03bf8eb676d77"; ad_width = 728; ad_height = 90; </script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.adsbrook.com/public/javascripts/webadserver.js'> </script> </div>

WENCHI HOSPITAL: LANDSHUT HOSTEL

The Methodist Hospital in Wenchi has commissioned a 12-room patients relatives hostel to provide accommodation for relatives of people admitted to the hospital. The “Landshuter Patients Relatives’ Hostel”, constructed at a cost of 164 thousand Ghana Cedis  is a joint donation by the German Government  and Ghanaian Community in Landshute, in Bavaria, Germany. The German Government paid 75 percent of the cost while the Ghanaian Community in Landshute through contributions bore the remaining 25 percent. In his speech, the CEO of the Wenchi Methodist Hospital, Bernard Clement K. Botwe, thanked the President of the Ghanaian Community in Landshute, Kwame Abrefa Busia, a son of Wenchi, for leading the project to build the Hostel. Mr. Botwe noted that the 12 bedroom Hostel has facilities such as Porter’s lodge, bathrooms, toilets, TV room and a kitchen. In addition, mattresses, plastic buckets and plates have been provided to ensure the comfort of the caretakers. He noted that the request for a caretakers’ Hostel was made because of the hard time these people experienced sleeping rough at any vantage point in hospital. According to him some slept on the floors of the hospital hallways while others slept on the floors of the wards. Some of these people end up getting sick. He said the Hostel would go a long way to ensure the comfort of the caretakers. He thanked the German Government and the Landshute Community for their kind gesture and expressed the hope that others would follow suit. On his part, Mr. Abrefa Busia, appealed to the Hospital and residents of the Hostel to maintain it in order to benefit from more projects. He also commended the Wenchi Methodist Hospital for the good work done in constructing the Hostel per instructions and on time. The Bishop of the Wenchi Methodist Diocese, Rt. Rev. Samuel Fred Ansu, called on Ghanaians not to always depend on foreign donors to help the country but contribute their widow’s might to the development of their society. He made a special call on those seeking greener pastures in other countries to always remember their motherland and seek for support for their various communities as done by Mr. Abrefa Busia. Rt. Rev. Ansu further appealed to the Wenchi Municipal Assembly to ensure the tarring of the road leading to the Hospital as the dust on the road is destroying the Hospital’s equipment.
Source: AMB/developghana.com               
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script> <!-- dg_sidebar_left --> <ins class="adsbygoogle" style="display:block" data-ad-client="ca-pub-2669564955712605" data-ad-slot="8021846379" data-ad-format="auto"></ins> <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script>

About admin 2

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script> <!-- dg-buttombanner --> <ins class="adsbygoogle" style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px" data-ad-client="ca-pub-2669564955712605" data-ad-slot="2486893178"></ins> <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script>